November 30, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving

Over the last 30 days I, like many others, completed a list of 30 things that I am thankful for.  Some days the items were serious other days they were just plain silly, but all of them I am thankful for.  What are you thankful for?
  1. I am thankful to be part of an amazing church family.  I am thankful that God has become the center of our family and marriage.  I am thankful He shows us true happiness when we put Him first in our lives.
  2. I am thankful for my husband who works so hard to provide for our family even when it takes him on business trips away from us.  I am thankful that he accepts and loves me even with all my craziness.
  3. I am thankful for our beautiful little boy who fills my heart with love and joy and teaches me new lessons in life everyday.
  4. I am thankful for our extended family of parents, grandparents, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins.  Even though we may not see each other as often enough we are full of love for one another.
  5. I am thankful for naps.  With our busy little boy, those few hours of quiet time each day allow me downtime to rest too or time to get work done.
  6. I am thankful to live in a country that we have the right to vote on our elected officials.  In so many nations around the world people would be killed for voicing agreement/disagreement with who is in office.  We are blessed to have the freedom of choice and speech.
  7. I am thankful for Little Gym, the things B learns each week and the great friends he and I both are making.
  8. Today I am thankful for having my big brother as a guardian angel. I am thankful for 34 years he spend here with us; even when we were at odds he always had my back. Happy 41st Birthday Jonny, I miss you everyday!!!
  9. I am thankful for our friends, both new and old.  I love when I haven't talked to a friend in a while and when we do, we pick up like no time has passed at all.
  10. I am thankful for taking family Christmas card pictures with out any major incidences besides Brendan not wanting to sit still for a moment. Action shots for sure this year.
  11. I am thankful for the sacrifices that our military have made throughout history and currently are for the safety and protection of our great nation.  I am thankful to the families that sacrifice their fathers, mothers, brothers, children, sisters supporting them when they are away for long periods and for those that have lost loved ones.
  12. I am thankful for the cooler weather that has finally arrived.  I am thankful that we have a warm home to snuggle up in.
  13. I am thankful for technology like Facebook that allows me to catch up, follow, poke, share tid-bits of our daily lives with friends and family.  I am thankful for FB allowing me to reconnect with childhood friends.
  14. I am thankful for date night with Mark to see Paul McCartney.  Even at 70 years old that man can rock it out!
  15. I am thankful for my crock-pot.  I am thankful for the endless recipes that I find to make mealtime quick and easy on Pintrest.  I am thankful for the bountiful food that we are able to eat; when so many live on as little as a cup of rice & beans a day.
  16. I am thankful for Fridays, when Mark is home from traveling and we get to have a weekend full of family time without interruption from work (most of the time).
  17. I am thankful for the past 16 months of motherhood. Time goes by too quickly, but B is 16 months now.  I thank God everyday for the blessing that he is to our lives.
  18. I am thankful for Sunday afternoon visits with Grandpa.  I am thankful that B will know how lucky he is to have such loving grandparents
  19. I am thankful for Mondays at the park with B.  He loves the duckies, and I am thankful that he get to enjoy feeding them.
  20. I am thankful for the roof over our heads and that it give us comfort/ safety and shelter from the outside world.
  21. I am thankful that I do not have to cook Thanksgiving Dinner this year.  I am thankful I do not have to mess with a raw turkey and all that it entails.
  22. I am thankful for Thanksgiving and all it brings... Turkey, Mashers, Football, the Macy's Parade.
  23. I am thankful that TCU beat Texas last night. I am thankful that B was able to enjoy his first college football game with his best buddy.  I am thankful that I get to have bragging rights for the next year about how awesome TCU is.
  24. I am not thankful for Black Friday, but I am thankful that I didn't have to shop in any of it.
  25. I am thankful that I am able to be a stay at home Mom.
  26. I am thankful for having all my Christmas shopping done, except for stocking stuffers. However, wrapping is another issue.
  27. I am thankful that I was born and raised in Texas.  I am thankful to be able to raise our little boy in the greatest state in the country.
  28. I am thankful for Burts Bee's lip balm.  It truly is the greatest, especially when it has color added to it. 
  29. I am thankful for being able to spend this coming weekend in Dallas making memories with B & Mark that we will cherish forever.
  30. I am thankful once again for all the many blessings that God has given our family.  May everyone be touched by Him and know that He is the reason why we have so much to be thankful for.
   XOXO - Mark & Kay

No comments: